2017 Summer Intensive
July 5 – 29, 2017
Have your best summer yet!
Six Reasons to pick
The New Ballet - San Jose Summer Intensive
1. Train with the best! Our team of teachers and guest teachers include world famous artists Jose Manuel Carreno and Amy Seiwert as well as our American Ballet Theatre Certified Faculty.
2. Perform onstage! All students have the opportunity to perform in the Summer Intensive Showcase, featuring classical and contemporary works.
3. A full schedule of training! Every student will enjoy a full day of classes, without a lot of downtime between classes and rehearsals.
4. Make friends to last a lifetime! Optional dormitory housing and events and excursions for all students provide the opportunity for you to meet other young people who share your passion for ballet.
5. Enjoy a California Summer! Train in the heart of Silicon Valley, one of the nation's most vibrant communities.
6. Experience individual attention! Our more intimate Summer Intensive means you will get the corrections and coaching to bring your technique and artistry to the next level.
About the Intensive
The NBS Summer Intensive provides high quality, pre-professional ballet training featuring the renowned American Ballet Theatre National Training Curriculum. A smaller program and a full day of training for all students ensures that students get the individual attention and intensive training they are looking for.
The Summer Intensive can be the first step towards placement in the Studio Company and Pre-Professional Division. Achieve your goals by training with our world-class ABT certified faculty, including Dalia Rawson, Mads Eriksen and Le Mai Linh. Special Guest Faculty will include José Manuel Carreño, Amy Seiwert, Pierre Francois Vilanoba and Clara Blanco.
The Summer Intensive provides a core curriculum of ballet technique, pointe, men's class, and variations, as well as classical and contemporary ballet repertoire, with a full day of classes for students in all levels. Additional classes may include partnering, modern, contemporary, character, strengthening, Pilates, music for dancers, and floor barre, to help students develop versatility in their dancing. All faculty, classes, and schedules subject to change.
Scholarships and Financial Aid are available for qualified students. Special Scholarships for male dancers may be available, and male dancers have the opportunity to work with Mr. Carreño and The New Ballet School’s Faculty in men’s technique class, partnering class, variations, and repertoire.
Join the Studio Company
All qualified Summer Intensive students will be evaluated for placement in the Studio Company for the 2017-2018 Season. Scholarships and stipends may be available.
Audition for the Summer Intensive
NBS auditions are intended to be encouraging and positive experiences. Easy video audition instructions are available, and a West Coast Audition tour will be held in early 2017. In person auditions may be arranged by contacting email@example.com.
Early Drop-Off and Late Pick-Up
Early drop-off and and late pick-up may be available. Contact us for more information.
For full information, including tuition, housing, scholarship, financial aid, faculty and more, please refer to our Student Handbook.